Boston Construction Accident AttorneyClick for Free case evaluation
Construction sites can be dangerous places. Each year, thousands of workers suffer serious and sometimes fatal injuries on the job. In these situations, the victims and their families deserve fair compensation.
If you are injured in a construction accident, you need an attorney from the Cashman Law Firm on your side. Our Boston construction accident attorney can identify the best legal pathway for your case and fight for your right to maximum compensation. Contact our firm today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Boston Construction Accident Lawyer
- Our attorney, Mark A. Cashman, has a strong track record of success. In a four-year period alone, our firm has secured over $7.5 million in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Our firm values trust, integrity, and excellence. We will take the time to get to know you and your case so that we can advocate for the best possible outcome on your behalf.
- We are not afraid to take your case to trial. Our Boston construction accident attorney will diligently prepare your construction accident claim for the courtroom, crafting a compelling case in your favor.
Common Types of Construction Accidents
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), construction injuries accounted for 20% of private industry worker fatalities in 2019. Additionally, construction-related OSHA standards accounted for five out of the top 10 most frequently cited standards during the 2021 fiscal year.
There are many types of accidents that can occur at a construction site, such as the following.
- Falls from scaffolding, roofs, ladders, and other high places
- Accidental amputations, often involving fingers or toes
- Accidents involving defective equipment, such as nail bones and heavy machinery
- Being struck by falling objects, such as debris and tools
- Fires and explosions due to flammable chemicals, faulty wiring, and other factors
- Collapses involving trenches and buildings
- Respiratory diseases that develop due to years of exposure to toxic conditions
Filing a Lawsuit After a Boston Construction Accident
If you’ve suffered a construction site injury in Boston, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, you may be limited in the type of claim that you can file.
If you were an employee of the construction site and were injured while performing your job, you could file a workers’ compensation claim and recover benefits for medical care, wage replacement, and long-term disability. However, you cannot pursue a civil lawsuit against your employer over the same incident. A Boston construction accident attorney can help you navigate the legal process.
You may be eligible for a personal injury lawsuit if you were not an employee of the construction site and were injured due to the negligence of another party. If you were an employee, you could pursue a lawsuit under the following circumstances.
- A third party caused your accident, such as a negligent subcontractor or vendor.
- You were injured by a defective product or piece of machinery.
- Your employer is required to provide workers’ compensation insurance but does not have coverage.
Contact a Construction Accident Attorney in Boston Today
If you were injured in a construction accident in Boston, you deserve justice. The Cashman Law Firm can fight for your right to recovery and help you secure the settlement that you need to pay for medical care, lost wages, long-term disability, and more.
Contact us today at (978) 306-7549 to schedule a free consultation with our Boston construction injury attorney and learn more about your next steps.