Boston Medication Error AttorneyClick for Free case evaluation
Medications can help alleviate symptoms and treat illnesses for a variety of conditions. However, medical providers must take care to prescribe the right medication and dosage, and to avoid dangerous drug interactions.
In some cases, healthcare professionals commit serious errors while prescribing medications. If you are injured due to a medication error, the Cashman Law Firm can you hold the negligent provider accountable. Trust our Boston medication error attorney to fight for your right to justice. Call our office today to receive a free consultation and discuss your medication error case.
Why Choose Our Boston Medication Error Attorney
- Our attorney, Mark A. Cashman, has represented victims of medication errors for years. Before starting his own practice, he served as the head of the medical malpractice department at a nationally recognized plaintiff firm.
- Over our years of operation, we have secured millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts. Our firm will work tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome in your medication error claim.
- Our medication errors attorney has won multiple awards recognizing his track record of success. He has a 5 out of 5 Avvo rating and was selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star.
Medication Errors Can Cause Serious Injuries and Illnesses
Serious mistakes can occur while prescribing or administering medications to patients. Due to these errors, patients can suffer organ damage, experience a worsening condition, or go into shock due to an allergic reaction.
Common types of medication errors include the following.
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Prescribing the wrong dosage of a medication
- Providing the wrong dosing instructions to a patient
- Prescribing a medication to a patient with a history of allergic reactions to that drug
- Mislabeling medications and administering the wrong drug by mistake
- Prescribing a medication that interacts dangerously with a medication that a patient is currently taking
Your Legal Rights After Experiencing Medical Negligence
Medication errors are a form of medical malpractice. If a doctor, pharmacist, or any other medical professional commits an error while dispensing or prescribing drugs, you may be eligible for a lawsuit against the negligent professional.
By filing a medical malpractice claim in Massachusetts civil court, you can recover financial compensation for medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and many other losses. However, you will need to prove that the at-fault provider’s negligence caused the error and your resulting injuries.
In Massachusetts, all medical providers have a duty to uphold a certain duty of care when treating a patient. In particular, their actions must not deviate from what a reasonable and similarly trained professional would do under the same circumstances.
For example, if a doctor prescribes a common medication to treat a condition and you have an allergic reaction to it, his or her liability depends on your medical history. If you have never taken the medication before, the doctor is not likely to be liable for your injuries. Your doctor had no way to know that the reaction would have occurred.
If you have the allergy documented in your medical records, your doctor would be liable, as he or she should have known about the allergy at the time. Your medical error lawyer from the Cashman Law Firm can evaluate your case and help identify whether you qualify for a claim.
Contact a Medication Errors Attorney From the Cashman Law Firm Today
If your doctor made a mistake while prescribing or administering your medication, the Cashman Law Firm can fight for your right to justice. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your next steps with our Boston medication error attorney.