Boston Motorcycle Accident LawyerClick for Free case evaluation
If you are involved in a motorcycle crash, you need an attorney on your side. In Massachusetts, motorcyclists often face unfair scrutiny and stereotyping during an insurance claim or lawsuit. You need a lawyer who can represent your best interests during these processes—and the Cashman Law Firm can help.
Our Boston motorcycle accident lawyer has years of experience representing Massachusetts residents in their accident claims. We will fight diligently for your highest possible settlement and advocate for your rights from consultation to settlement. Call the Cashman Law Firm today for a free consultation and learn more about how we can help with your motorcycle accident claim.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Boston
- Our firm is dedicated to helping you secure the settlement that you need to recover. In a four-year period alone, we recovered over $7.5 million on behalf of our clients.
- We understand how complicated a motorcycle crash can be. We will leverage the full extent of our firm’s knowledge and resources to craft a compelling case in your favor.
- Our Boston personal injury attorney has received multiple awards recognizing his track record of success. In 2019, 2020, and 2021, he was selected by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Boston
Motorcycle accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. In some cases, poor weather conditions and low visibility cause these collisions. Rain, snow, hail, and fog can pose a significant risk.
Motorcyclists are also more susceptible to road hazards like gravel or potholes compared to motorists, so these conditions may also lead to a collision. Motorcycle parts can malfunction, causing a motorcyclist to lose control. Between 2014 – 2018, there were over 250 motorcyclists fatalities in the state of Massachusetts.
In many cases, motorcycle accidents occur due to the negligence of motor vehicle drivers. Examples of driver negligence include the following.
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving
- Driving over the speed limit
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Turning without checking for motorcyclists
- Opening a car door into the path of a motorcyclist
Legal Options for Injured Motorcyclists in Boston
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible for compensation through an insurance claim or motorcycle accident lawsuit. Massachusetts is a no-fault accident state, which means that drivers are typically responsible for their own injuries in a collision and can recover compensation under their required personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. A motorcycle crash attorney can help you navigate this legal process.
While state law does not require motorcyclists to have PIP insurance, it does mandate liability insurance as well as uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage. Motorcyclists could also purchase optional Medical Payments (MedPay) policies that operate similarly to PIP.
If you are injured in a motorcycle collision, you could recover compensation following your accident by filing one of three types of claims.
- You can file a third-party claim against the at-fault driver’s liability insurance policy.
- You can file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party in Massachusetts civil court.
- You can file a claim under your own insurance policy, as long as you have the appropriate coverage.
An attorney from the Cashman Law Firm can evaluate your case and help you identify your optimal path to recovery.
Contact the Cashman Law Firm Today for a Free Consultation
Were you involved in a motorcycle accident in Boston? The Cashman Law Firm can help you secure the compensation that you need to recover. Contact us today at (978) 306-7549 to discuss your case with a Boston motorcycle accident lawyer and strategize your next steps.