Boston Car Accident LawyerClick for Free case evaluation
Car accidents are very common in Massachusetts, leading to hundreds of injuries every year. Because Massachusetts is a no-fault state, recovering compensation following these collisions can be a challenge. In these situations, you need an attorney from the Cashman Law Firm on your side.
For years, our Boston car accident lawyer has fought for the rights of injured drivers and passengers. With over $7.5 million recovered for our clients, we will carefully evaluate your legal options so that you can recover the compensation that you deserve. Contact an experienced car crash attorney today if you or a loved one have been injured in a motor vehicle accident.
Why Choose Our Boston Car Accident Attorney
- Our experienced law firm understands the complexities of Massachusetts’s car accident laws. We will leverage our skills and experience to fight for your right to maximum recovery.
- The aftermath of a Boston car crash can be painful. Our firm will handle all aspects of your case so that you can focus on treatment and recovery.
- Our attorney, Mark A. Cashman, has a strong reputation in the Boston legal community. He has maintained a 5 out of 5 Avvo rating and was repeatedly named as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Boston
Car accidents can happen at any time, in any place. There are many factors that contribute to these collisions, from road hazards and poor weather to defective products and driver negligence.
The following are some of the most common causes of car accidents.
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Accidents involving pedestrians
- Vehicle defects, such as faulty brakes or tires
- Poor weather and low visibility
- Failure to use turn signals
- Unsafe lane changes
- Accidents involving a motorcyclist
- Failure to drive under the speed limit
- Failure to obey traffic signs and signals
- Loose gravel, potholes, and other road hazards
Massachusetts Is a No-Fault Car Accident State
Unlike most states, Massachusetts follows a no-fault system for car accidents. If you are injured in a collision, you can recover compensation by filing a car accident claim with your state-required personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. You can pursue a PIP claim regardless of fault or negligence.
If your injuries meet serious injury thresholds, however, you may be eligible for a third-party insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. To secure compensation in these types of claims, you will need to show that another driver is responsible for your injuries. A Boston car accident lawyer can help walk you navigate the legal process as you file a claim.
Massachusetts’s serious injury thresholds are as follows.
- The injury results in at least $2,000 in reasonable medical expenses, and/or
- The injury resulted in permanent and serious disfigurement, bone fractures, or a substantial loss of hearing or sight
Your Boston car accident lawyer from the Cashman Law Firm can help you identify whether you qualify for a third-party claim. Then, he can prepare your claim for the insurance or litigation process, gathering all evidence necessary to establish your right to damages.
Contact a Boston Auto Accident Attorney Today
A car crash can lead to serious damages. To protect your right to recovery, you need a Boston personal injury attorney from the Cashman Law Firm on your side.
Our firm can help you identify your optimal path to compensation and secure the settlement you deserve. Contact us today at (978) 306-7549 to schedule your free case consultation with our Boston car crash attorney.