Boston Pedestrian Accident AttorneyClick for Free case evaluation
Pedestrian accidents are unfortunately common in Boston and throughout the state of Massachusetts, causing serious injuries and fatalities each year. Many of these preventable tragedies are caused by distracted driving, drunk driving, and other forms of driver negligence.
If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, contact the Cashman Law Firm as soon as possible. A Boston pedestrian accident lawyer can help you hold the negligent driver accountable and secure the settlement that you deserve. Speak with an experienced Boston personal injury attorney from our firm today, and let us help you with your pedestrian accident case.
Why Choose the Cashman Law Firm for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients. If you are injured in a pedestrian collision, we will fight for your right to the highest possible award.
- The laws surrounding Boston pedestrian accidents can be complex. Our firm will leverage our knowledge and experience to guide you through each stage of your claim.
- Our pedestrian accident attorney, Mark A. Cashman, has a strong reputation in the legal community. He was named a Top 40 under 40 by National Trial Lawyers and achieved a 5 out of 5 Avvo rating.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Boston
Pedestrian accidents can occur anywhere in Boston, particularly at intersections, driveway accesses, sidewalks, and parking or bicycle lanes. While pedestrians may sometimes be at fault for collisions, many of these accidents occur due to the negligence and recklessness of a motor vehicle driver.
Here are a few of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents.
- Driving over the speed limit
- Distracted driving, such as texting and driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failure to yield the right of way to pedestrians
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals, such as red lights or stop signs
- Disregarding bad weather conditions and poor visibility
- Failing to check for pedestrians while pulling out of a driveway or parking space
Can Injured Pedestrians Recover Compensation in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts is a no-fault accident state, requiring drivers to pay for their own losses using personal injury protection (PIP) insurance following a collision. However, pedestrians do not often carry the required PIP coverage.
As a Boston pedestrian, you have the right to pursue a third-party liability claim or personal injury lawsuit against a driver who injured you. To secure a settlement, you will need to prove that the driver’s negligence caused your accident and injuries.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Boston
The moments after a pedestrian accident can feel scary. However, if you are hit by a car in Boston, you need to act immediately. Take the following steps to protect yourself and seek the help that you need following the collision.
- Call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement. If you cannot call the police, ask someone to call the police for you.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Pedestrian injuries are often severe, and it is crucial to receive treatment immediately. Save all records related to your medical care.
- If you are safely able to do so, take photographs and gather evidence at the scene of the accident. Ask any witnesses for their contact details and briefly exchange information with the other driver.
Once you have taken these steps, contact a pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Boston After Getting Medical Care
If you were hurt or lost a loved one due to a pedestrian accident, it is critical that you take steps to get the type and level of care you need at that moment. Go to the emergency room, file a police report, and get all of the medical attention necessary.
Then, call our Boston pedestrian accident attorney. We have found that, in the case of pedestrian accidents, it is very common for insurance companies to try to rush through the payment of funds owed with the sole goal of minimizing how much compensation is paid out. Our attorneys will work to minimize that risk by ensuring you, as the victim, receive fair compensation for all of the losses you have incurred.
When you seek legal help from an attorney with Boston-specific insight, we can help uncover trends and concerns that put people at risk. For example, if there is an intersection that is commonly a higher risk for pedestrians, we can help encourage the city to make changes there to protect people.
Our primary goal is always to help our clients to obtain the compensation they are owed. To do that, you need to reach out to us for a consultation. Let us discuss your case, what the insurance company is offering to you, and the limitations on what is being provided. Allow us to work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Avoid just settling with the insurance company. Instead, let us go to work for you.
Why Do You Need an Attorney After a Boston Pedestrian Accident?
It often seems very clear that the driver hit you and you suffered loss, and therefore, that they should be paying for your damages. Yet, working with an attorney is nearly always beneficial. When you work with our legal team, you can expect:
- Help minimize the risk that the insurance company will try to blame you for the accident, such as being outside of the crosswalk.
- Exceptional legal protection for your right to get the type and level of care you need from the medical providers you want to work with
- Guidance on who is to blame, including whether or not the city played a role in your losses due to poor conditions, malfunctioning crosswalk lights or signals, or poor visuals.
- Outstanding support in negotiating the best compensation possible. If they will not settle, we will go to court.
- Personalized, compassionate service from our team. We know how challenging this is, and we want to fight to protect your rights.
When you file your pedestrian accident claim with our legal team, you get exceptional support from a team with experience. We know Boston well and have a strong reputation within the court system for fighting for our clients. That can make a big difference in the compensation you receive. Do not wait to give us a call to learn more about the services we can provide.
Contact a Boston Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Now
If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, you need an attorney from the Cashman Law Firm on your side. We will fight diligently for your right to maximum compensation.
Contact us at (978) 595-0601 today to schedule your free case consultation with our Boston pedestrian accident lawyer.