Boston Pedestrian Accident AttorneyClick for Free case evaluation
Pedestrian accidents are unfortunately common in Boston and throughout the state of Massachusetts, causing serious injuries and fatalities each year. Many of these preventable tragedies are caused by distracted driving, drunk driving, and other forms of driver negligence.
If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, contact the Cashman Law Firm as soon as possible. A Boston pedestrian accident lawyer can help you hold the negligent driver accountable and secure the settlement that you deserve. Speak with an experienced attorney from our firm today and let us help you with your pedestrian accident case.
Why Choose the Cashman Law Firm for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients. If you are injured in a pedestrian collision, we will fight for your right to the highest possible award.
- The laws surrounding Boston pedestrian accidents can be complex. Our firm will leverage our knowledge and experience to guide you through each stage of your claim.
- Our pedestrian accident attorney, Mark A. Cashman, has a strong reputation in the legal community. He was named a Top 40 under 40 by National Trial Lawyers and achieved a 5 out of 5 Avvo rating.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Boston
Pedestrian accidents can occur anywhere in Boston, particularly at intersections, driveway accesses, sidewalks, and parking or bicycle lanes. While pedestrians may sometimes be at fault for collisions, many of these accidents occur due to the negligence and recklessness of a motor vehicle driver.
Here are a few of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents.
- Driving over the speed limit
- Distracted driving, such as texting and driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failure to yield the right of way to pedestrians
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals, such as red lights or stop signs
- Disregarding bad weather conditions and poor visibility
- Failing to check for pedestrians while pulling out of a driveway or parking space
Can Injured Pedestrians Recover Compensation in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts is a no-fault accident state, requiring drivers to pay for their own losses using personal injury protection (PIP) insurance following a collision. However, pedestrians do not often carry the required PIP coverage.
As a Boston pedestrian, you have the right to pursue a third-party liability claim or personal injury lawsuit against a driver who injured you. To secure a settlement, you will need to prove that the driver’s negligence caused your accident and injuries.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Boston
The moments after a pedestrian accident can feel scary. However, if you are hit by a car in Boston, you need to act immediately. Take the following steps to protect yourself and seek the help that you need following the collision.
- Call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement. If you cannot call the police, ask someone to call the police for you.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Pedestrian injuries are often severe, and it is crucial to receive treatment immediately. Save all records related to your medical care.
- If you are safely able to do so, take photographs and gather evidence at the scene of the accident. Ask any witnesses for their contact details and briefly exchange information with the other driver.
Once you have taken these steps, contact a pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your case.
Contact a Boston Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Now
If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, you need an attorney from the Cashman Law Firm on your side. We will fight diligently for your right to maximum compensation.
Contact us at (978) 306-7549 today to schedule your free case consultation with our Boston pedestrian accident lawyer.