Boston Brain Injury LawyerClick for Free case evaluation
The brain is the body’s control center. Any damage to this organ can impact a person’s ability to concentrate, learn new concepts, recall memories, speak, eat, or even move. If you sustain a brain injury because of another person’s actions, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
In these situations, the Boston brain injury lawyer at the Cashman Law Firm can help. Our firm will fight diligently for your maximum recovery so that you can pay for necessary medical care, lost wages, property damage, and more. Contact our firm for a free consultation today to receive the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose the Cashman Law Firm for Your Brain Injury Claim
- Our attorney has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts. We are dedicated to securing the highest possible award in your case.
- The Cashman Law Firm provides personalized service to each client. You will have a direct line of communication with your lawyer from consultation to settlement.
- We have a strong reputation in the Massachusetts legal community and have won multiple awards. In fact, our attorney was named as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
What Is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when you suffer a blow or bump to the head. TBIs often develop due to acts of violence, sports injuries, or serious accidents, such as motor vehicle collisions.
Symptoms of TBI include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Loss of consciousness
- Convulsions or seizures
- Loss of coordination
- Persistent or worsening headache
- Slurred speech
- Sudden changes in behavior
- Weakness or numbness in the extremities
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fatigue or drowsiness
Legal Options for Brain Injury Victims in Boston, MA
Any type of brain injury can result in significant and long-term damage, impacting your financial, emotional, and physical well-being. If you suffer a TBI due to the actions of another person, you may be eligible for financial compensation through a lawsuit or insurance claim.
- Car Insurance Claims: Massachusetts is a no-fault car accident state. You could file a car accident claim under your own insurance to pay for any injuries that you sustained in a car accident, regardless of who caused the crash. However, brain injuries often qualify as a serious injury under Massachusetts law. If you suffer a TBI, you could pursue a third-party insurance claim against the at-fault driver.
- Homeowner’s Insurance Claims: If you are injured on someone else’s property and suffer a TBI, you could file a claim under the owner’s insurance policy. Your award will be limited by the homeowner’s policy limits. These claims often involve slip and fall accidents, dog bites and attacks, and unsafe property conditions like aging stairs or inadequate lighting.
- Personal Injury Lawsuits: If you develop a TBI in an accident or due to an act of violence, you can file a lawsuit against at-fault party in Massachusetts civil court. In your lawsuit, you will need to prove that the defendant breached a certain duty of care, causing your accident and brain injury.
Your optimal legal pathway will depend on the circumstances surrounding your case. The Boston traumatic brain injury attorney at the Cashman Law Firm can help you understand your legal situation and identify the best option for you.
Contact a Boston Brain Injury Lawyer Today
Brain injuries can have damaging, lifelong effects. If you develop a TBI due to someone else’s actions, a personal injury attorney from Cashman Law Firm can help you seek justice. Contact us today to schedule your free case consultation with a Boston brain injury attorney.