Salem, MA Truck Accident LawyerClick for Free case evaluation
A collision with a large commercial truck can be catastrophic for occupants of smaller, passenger vehicles. Victims often suffer severe injuries that affect them for the rest of their lives. In many unfortunate situations, occupants are killed as a result of the collision.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, a Salem, MA, truck accident lawyer with The Cashman Law Firm can help guide you through the complicated legal process that follows. Call today for a free and confidential consultation.
Why Choose The Cashman Law Firm?
- Massachusetts accident law can be complicated. We understand the complexities and know how to capitalize on them to recover the maximum you are entitled to.
- Our reputation is a winning one. We are well respected in the legal community for our client-oriented, results-based approach to caring for reaching our client’s goals.
- Our approachability and communication mean that you will always be informed and that any questions you have will be answered promptly, typically within 24 hours.
How do Salem, MA, Truck Accidents Typically Happen?
There are many reasons a truck accident might occur. Some of the more common ones are listed below:
- Driver fatigue: Drivers may become fatigued while driving, which can impair their motor skills and reaction time, often causing accidents.
- Distracted drivers: Talking on the telephone, GPS systems, onboard computers, and texting while driving can all be distractions for truck drivers.
- Imbalanced or improperly loaded or secured cargo: Heavy cargo has a tendency to shift and move, and this can be the cause of many truck accidents.
- Speeding or driving too fast for the conditions: Strict schedules and incentives to complete runs and do more can inspire drivers to drive above the speed limit or too fast for the conditions, leading to accidents.
- Reckless driving: This might include lane cutting unsafely, weaving in and out of traffic, speeding, and more. Often, reckless driving causes accidents.
- Aggressive drivers: Aggressive driving causes accidents.
- Poorly maintained vehicles: Trucking companies and privately owned vehicles should be inspected and ensured that they are roadworthy with sustained regularity. Anything less can lead to car accidents.
- Weather conditions: Ice, rain, fog, and slippery roads can easily cause problems for motorists, leading to accidents.
- Improper training: Driving a big truck is a huge responsibility. It differs from operating regular vehicles. Drivers require training to operate them safely and to avoid causing accidents.
- Impaired drivers: Alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription drugs, and over-the-counter medications can cause impairment in a driver. A driver under the influence can be more susceptible to endangering those around them.
You may be Entitled to Compensation Following a Salem, MA, Truck Accident
Truck accidents can be more detrimental than other accidents because of the speed and the weight that these cargo trucks are traveling. They can be difficult to maneuver in tough road conditions. If you have been hurt in a Salem, MA, truck accident, you may be entitled to the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Cost of physical, occupational, and psychological therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of wages
- Loss of potential future income
- Lost educational opportunities
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Home alterations
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Our Experienced Team is Here to Help
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, a truck accident attorney in Salem, MA, can utilize their skills to help you capitalize on the maximum benefits you are due. The Cashman Law Firm cares about our clients and will only be satisfied once they are. Let us use our experience and skills to secure the compensation that you need and deserve. We will focus on the legal aspects of your case so you can use your energy to heal.