Boston Birth Injury AttorneyClick for Free case evaluation
The birth of a child is a joyous occasion for many Boston families. However, birth injuries can cause these celebrations to come to a halt. Negligence on behalf of medical providers can severely harm both mother and child, resulting in serious injuries and even death.
If you, your child, or a loved one have suffered due to a birth injury, you deserve justice. The Cashman Law Firm represents victims of medical negligence in their lawsuits against at-fault providers. Our Boston birth injury lawyer will fight diligently to protect your best interests. Contact an experienced attorney at (978) 306-7549 to file a claim today.
Why Choose Us for Your Birth Injury Claim in Boston
- Our attorney, Mark A. Cashman, has significant experience handling medical negligence claims. He will leverage his skills, experience, and resources to secure justice for your child.
- Our firm has a strong history of successful settlements and jury verdicts. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
- The aftermath of a birth injury can be devastating. Our firm will handle every stage of your claim so you can focus on supporting your child and family.
What Is a Birth Injury?
A birth injury refers to a physical injury that arises during childbirth, affecting the mother or the baby. The most common types of birth injuries include cerebral palsy, maternal infections, facial paralysis, brachial plexus injuries, and fractured bones, especially the collarbone.
These injuries often occur when a medical professional makes a mistake during the labor and delivery process, or while providing prenatal care to a pregnant mother. The following are common examples of medical negligence.
- Using improper equipment during labor, such as forceps
- Failing to monitor a baby’s vital signs during delivery
- Failing to monitor a mother for common pregnancy complications
- Failing to identify issues prior to delivery, such as a baby born in the breech position
- Improperly prescribing dangerous labor-inducing drugs
- Failing to check for maternal infections
- Failing to respond to abnormal bleeding from the mother or fetus
- Failing to order a timely Cesarean section
Who Is Liable for a Birth Injury in Boston?
All medical providers have a duty to uphold a certain standard of care while treating patients in a formal capacity. A provider may be liable for medical malpractice if he or she commits an error and harms a patient—including infants and their mothers.
If you or your child suffered a birth injury, you have the right to pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit against the at-fault healthcare provider. In order to receive compensation in your lawsuit, you will need to gather sufficient evidence to prove the following four points.
- The medical professional owed you a duty of care at the time of the birth injury.
- The medical professional breached his or her duty of care through a negligent act or failure to act.
- The breach of duty caused the birth injury.
- You and your child suffered damages that you can collect in the lawsuit.
Your Boston birth injury lawyer from the Cashman Law Firm can help you gather the evidence necessary to establish each of these facts and prove your right to recovery. We will leverage our years of experience, legal knowledge, and wide network of resources and expert witnesses to craft a compelling case in your favor.
Contact an Experienced Boston Birth Injury Attorney Today
Birth injuries can have a devastating impact on your child and your family. In these situations, the Cashman Law Firm can help you secure the justice that you deserve. Schedule a free consultation today to learn more about your legal options with a Boston birth injury lawyer.